Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Welcome to our classroom blog! I am so excited to share with you all great things your children have been doing during their days in school.

On October 15, 2015...
     Today we took a trip to Snell's Orchard.  The kids learned a lot about apples and got to sample a Macown - have you ever had one?  I hadn't but after I tried it I was tempted to bring my family back the next day and pick a couple bags because they were THAT good!

Here is a funny shaped apple they had on display.

Here are just a few of the varieties that they had at their orchard - I had never heard of some of them!


They also had a huge variety of squash and gourds.


I heard that these crab apples make good jam...


Pumpkins!!

Check out their website here

The very next day we peeled and cored our apples and made homemade applesauce - the whole room smelled DELICIOUS!







2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for starting this blog. I always wish I could be a fly on the wall and see what Parker does during the day, and so this glimpse into the classroom is wonderful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete